SENIOR SHOW INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
- Friday, May 4th - Extra Practice for Broadway Bound and Rising Star (Middle School Group Only)
- Rising Star - Extra Practice 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at MVA
- Broadway Bound - Extra Practice for the Specialty Number 3:30-5:30 p.m. at MVA
- Saturday, May 5th - Super Saturday Practice (at MVA). The schedule is as follows:
- 12:00 to 12:30 - If you are volunteering to be a dresser, there is a MANDATORY DRESSERS' MEETING AT 12:00 P.M. (right before super Saturday practice). This should be a relatively brief meeting and will provide important information about how the backstage will operate during the show.
- 12:30 -3:30 p.m. - Opener and Finale practice (everyone must attend) as well as girl's specialty practice
- 3:30-4:00 - All boys practice (must attend if they are participating in the all-boys number)
- Monday, May 7th - Extra Practice for Broadway Bound Specialty Number 4:00 to 6:30 p.m. at MVA (Middle School Group Only)
- Tuesday, May 8th - Senior Show Dress Rehearsal 4:00-9:30 p.m. Please arrive at Oak Ridge High Theater (1120 Harvard Way)
by 3:45 if possible, in street clothes, with changing clothes underneath (i.e. leotard and nylons for girls; compression shorts and black socks for boys). Girls should have the front of the hair pulled back in a clear hair tie as pictured in the attached photo (this is necessary so we can attach bows to the hair for each number). Please, no jewelry.
- Wednesday, May 9th - Senior Show Dress Rehearsal 6:00-9:30 p.m. at Oak Ridge High Theater. The notes above regarding attire apply to Thursday's rehearsal as well.
- Friday, May 11th and Saturday, May 12th - Senior Show 7:30 p.m. at Oak Ridge High Theater (1120 Harvard Way). Call time is 6:30 p.m. Please arrive on time and dressed in the opener costume, with changing clothes underneath (i.e., leotard and nylons/nude tights for girls, compression shorts and black socks for boys). Please bring all costumes labeled and in a garment bag. There will be costume racks outside labeled by class. Please have your child place their costumes on the appropriate rack. They may go directly to the stage for last minute instructions as soon as the junior show concludes.
- Please purchase your tickets from the MVA front office ASAP. You may purchase at the door, but we are unable to apply your $64 theater credit on show days. You will have until Friday, May 11th at 3:00 p.m. to purchase tickets in advance. Please see Dagny to do so!
- When you purchase tickets, you may also pre-order flowers and/or candy leis for your performer. If you do not pre-order, there will be a limited quantity available for sale on show days.
- When you purchase your tickets, you can also pre-order a pizza meal for your performer for the dress rehearsals. These need to be pre-ordered in advance, and we need the order no later than Sunday, May 6th. If you aren't able to get to the MVA office to pre-order before dress rehearsals, just email me and you can pay the day of rehearsal.
- If you have purchased dedication space in the program, please send me your JPEG picture and dedication verbiage no later than Sunday, May 6th. We have sold out of dedication space, so additional dedications can no longer be purchased.
- A reminder regarding the items your child will need for all dress rehearsals and shows (if you are having any problems finding these items, please let me know):
- All Senior Girls: Nude/beige camisole leotard, black ballet shoes (no substitutions with "black flats") and nude tights/pantyhose. Consider bringing several pairs of beige tights/pantyhose, as they can get dirty/damaged. Broadway Bound girls will need their character shoes and other BB specific accessories like booty shorts and flesh colored bra.
- Shiningstar 3/4 Girls - In addition to items above, black leggings or pants
- All Senior Boys: (1) compression shorts (for changing); (2) black pants (like Dockers); (3) White long sleeve button down shirt;(5) black socks